WHAT TO EXPECT
ENGAGEMENTS. BRIDALS. WEDDING DAY.
What should I wear?
When should I schedule?
Neutral colors and simple prints always look best! We recommend 1-2 outfits; one casual and one a bit more formal.
Engagements can be scheduled at any time. Helpful things to consider include what season you envision your photos and whether or not you plan to use a photo on your save the dates!
Ready to schedule? Send us an email with the month and day/s of the week that work best for you and we'll send over our availability!
*Weekend dates are limited. If you're hoping for a Saturday or Sunday, consider reaching out to schedule sooner.
What to Expect
Sessions usually involve chatting, walking from spot to spot, and chatting some more! We're passionate about making our sessions comfortable for you and capturing you in a natural way. Our shooting style is more candid; however, we'll guide you along the way (what to do, how to stand, where to put your hands)!
Wedding Timeline Consultation.
If you don't have a wedding planner, we'll reach out after your bridal session to begin creating your wedding day timeline. We'll go over the details you provided in the initial questionnaire and determine times for the following: hair and makeup completion, dressing, portraits, departures, etc.
During this time we'll also create a family portrait list designed to take the least amount of time!
How to have the best photos?
- -Keep photography in mind when booking getting ready locations. Light colored walls and lots of window light is best!
- -If you're having an outdoor ceremony, plan it around sunset (we can help you!)
- -If you're having an indoor ceremony, consider having it early enough to have enough light after the ceremony for outdoor portraits!
- -Hire a planner! Your wedding day only happens once. Moms: Your daughter's wedding day only happens once! I've seen very important people get pulled away from spending time with the bride for emergencies. You'll get more photos this way because sometimes we have to step into the planner role!
- -Have fun! This day is about you and your lover. Do what you want!
- -Practice your first kiss! Specifically your hand placement. Sounds silly but kissing in front of a crowd feels so different than kissing every other day.I'll be reminding you of this during our sessions.
What (and who) to bring
When should I schedule?
It's a huge help to bring a friend or family member to help with carrying items and fluffing your dress!
What to Bring:
- Makeup for touchups
- Crochet hook for buttons
*Pro Tip: Bring a pair of comfy heels the same height as your wedding shoes and wear those instead to keep your good ones clean!
We highly recommend scheduling bridals at least 2 months before your wedding day to allow enough time for editing, rescheduling if necessary due to weather, and printing/shipping.
Rip Van Winkle Gardens
ULL Alumni Center
Crowley Grand Opera House
John Nickerson House
Arlington Plantation (Franklin)
Marigny Opera House (New Orleans)
Longue Vue House and Gardens (New Orleans)
Hotel Peter and Paul (New Orleans)
Windrush Gardens (Baton Rouge)
Race & Religious (New Orleans)
Once we deliver your bridal gallery, you'll send us a screenshot of the photo you want printed and we'll order it for you!